Child Development – Childline 1098/ Vidya Vikas/ Integrated Child Development Programme
Every child is image of God and the child of today is today’s citizen of the nation. This makes development of the child responsibility of all. The responsibility is doubled when care, security, protection and growth of the child is put upon the shoulder of every citizen by the law of the nation. ORBIT has vouched to shoulder this responsibility of children by collaborating with Child Line India Foundation, under Women and Child Welfare Ministry of Govt. Of India and also through its own personal efforts like Vidya Vikas and Integrated Child Development programs.
Sustainable approaches and strategies are established making children to enjoy their rights in safe, secured and child friendly environment.
- Formation of Child Clubs helping children to know and enjoy their rights.
- Identify and reduce malnutrition by 40% through awareness and implementation of ICDS programs in villages/ wards/ slums.
- Children will be made aware of their rights and entitlements reducing child trafficking, child abuse, child labour, child marriage, and school dropouts.
- Children of Single parents, marginalized families, and families engaged in rag picking, child labor will be mainstreamed through education.
- In collaboration with District Health Department, 100 CLHIV (Children Livign with HIV)/ CWD (Children With Disability) will get acceptance and be mainstreamed through inclusive education reducing stigma and discrimination.
- Prevent and sensitize communities about child marriage, Child labour, Child abuse and sub-stance abuse.
Through this program we help Children those are in need with the support of Child Line India Foundation and Women and Child Welfare Department of Govt. of India. ORBIT is the implementer of the Child Line 1098 program in Basavakalyan and Humnabad taluks of Bidar district since 2010.
ORBIT also helps children through
- Maria Sadana Children’s home: for single parent children, economically backward children for education.
- Sparsha Care Home: for children living with HIV through Medical and Living care and support and Inclusive Education.
We aim to:
- Promote child rights and its protection
- Habilitate the street, working children, CLHIV.
- Eradicate child labor
- Mainstream school dropouts and children on the street.
- Spread awareness on child help line 1098
- Make people aware on benefits of forming children’s club
- Create awareness among parents on the importance of education of children
OUR PROGRAMS & ACTIVITIES
- Awareness programs in School, through stalls, slums, cinema theatres, parks, tourist places
- Visits to homes, Auto drivers, Shop owners and Government officers
- Open house program
- Child Help Line Day, Child Line Se Dosthi and Anti – child labor day, child marriage day, tobacco day, and Child
- Care Homes
- Overall we have helped 960 Children’s in the last 8 years through Child Line Program
- 40 children are being taken care in Sparsha care home
- 35 children are being taken care in Maria Sadana Children’s Home