You are not only interested in global coherence, but also to help, shape and experience? Seva Sangama is constantly looking for assistance in the eld of reporting and documentation. Bring in your commitment and help us as a
Volunteer in documentation and reporting (m/f)
Seva Sangama is a non-profit, secular development organization working for the poorest of the poor in Karnataka State,India,by running programs for differently-able (handicapped) people, disadvantaged children,Dalit women and those affected by HIV/AIDS. The volunteer is tasked with supporting Seva Sangama’s reporting and documentation needs. To make the work of Seva Sangama transparent to present/future donators and prospects. While this is both hugely important for new projects and assuring success of existing ones.This job gives the opportunity to provide a useful contribution to social development and getting a unique experience and insight in India.
The volunteer is expected to work closely with the project coordinators and staff and liaise through the director with domestic and foreign funding agencies:
- help with project reporting and project documentation on a regular basis, preparing reports according to the project needs
- work out new project proposals together with the director and project coordinators to apply for new funding agencies
- optional: giving classes in computer training (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) to staff
- optional: maintain computer network and update website
- optional: prepare yers for events optional: photo and video documentation of programs and activities
Desirable skills and knowledge
- At least a begun study of Bachelor or Master degree. Preferably a study in international cooperation, social development, social studies, business or related areas
- Fluency in English (both oral and written) is required. Any knowledge of Hindi or Kannada (local language in the Karnataka State) is an advantage but not mandatory
- Ambition and motivation to achieve own working targets
- Integrity and ability to work with people of different life experiences and language levels
- Good mastery of standard computer applications (MS O ce package)
- At least 3 and up to 12 months of your time (negotiable)
This is your chance if you are interested to get a deep insight in how a non-government organization is working and planning. You have the full freedom and ample opportunity to bring your own suggestions and experiences to the project provided that you consult and convince the director. As we are approved as non-profit and charitable, which can be veri ed by o cially approved records, we can designate your volunteering as your practical training for your study.
You will be completely integrated in our work and everyday life. This is an amazing opportunity for looking out of the box and to experience Indian life apart from mega cities and chai. We expect at least 3 and up to 12 months of your time (negotiable). Working hours are full-time from Monday to Friday. Weekends are free and can be planned accordingly for travel or free time activities. Our volunteer service can be taken up by the rst of every month.
Costs and accommodation
We cannot pay you any wage but we offer board and lodging. No fees to pay for this volunteering. The expenses for traveling ( flights to/from India, travel from airport to Seva Sangama and back, own domestic travel), extra food (chocolates, soft drinks, cookies) and insurances have to be bearded by yourself. If all this sounds interesting to you send your CV and a letter of your motivation by email. Please let us also
know which date you could taken up the volunteer service.If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us by email